General Questions: You can find common answers from Q&A below
Q: What is a writing instrument?
A: Generally speaking, any tool used for writing can be called a writing instrument. For example, ballpoint pen, rollerball pen, and fountain pen, which are commonly used in daily life, are all types of writing instruments.
Q: What is the difference between ballpoint pen, rollerball pen and fountain pen?
A: The ink of ballpoint pen is oily based, which is not easy to solidify. The ink of rollerball and fountain pen are water-based, so a pen cap design is a must to prevent the ink from drying out; therefore, the design is obviously different. The writing angle of fountain pen is 180 degrees, while the ballpoint pen and the rollerball pen are not limited by the writing angle.
Q: Why do the ballpoint pen sometimes have a feeling that they can't be written?
A: In the case where there is no writing for a long time, the surface of the ink will solidify. Just write for few times to generate heat and then you can write normally.
Q: What can I do if the fountain pen cannot be written after inserted a new cartridge?
A: It usually takes about five minutes to allow ink flow to nib after cartridge inserted to the fountain pen. You can dip some ink with the fountain nib and then immediately write on the paper, which is beneficial to the ink flow process.
Q: What can I do if the fountain pen cannot be written?
A: Capillary principle is how ink is flowing to the fountain nib works. The solidify of ink will cause the nib to be blocked; therefore, the ink cannot be smoothly guided. It will be prone to blockage for a long time if fountain pen is not immediately covered back by it’s cap after used or perform a cleaning maintenance regularly.
– Slightly blockage: Dip some ink with the fountain nib and then immediately write on the paper, which is beneficial to the ink flow process.
– Severe blockage: Perform a cleaning maintenance of the fountain nib.
Q: How to perform a cleaning maintenance to the fountain nib?
A: Please follow the steps below to perform a cleaning maintenance. Regularly performing maintenance can extend the life of the fountain nib.
- Please remove the inserted ink cartridge from the fountain pen first.
- Rotate the metal section to remove the fountain nib.
- Prepare room temperature water and add 1~2 drops of detergent/dishwashing liquid and mix well.
- Soak the fountain nib into (3) and let it stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Take out the fountain nib from (4) and swing it until no residue of ink left and then place it on a soft cloth to dry.